Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day



Chris and I wanted to go camping for Memorial Day, but lucky for us we decided at the last minute that we didn't feel like going because we thought it might be too cold. We were literally all packed in the car driving and we turned around, which turned out to be about the best idea ever. I was really glad when I woke up in three in the morning to go to the bathroom and realized it was raining....which it proceeded to do for like the next twenty four hours. So the rain kind of ruined our camping and hiking plans (we were going to go with Leandra and Carter). So in true holiday style, we decided to go out to breakfast instead. In my family, pretty much any holiday constitutes an opportunity to eat ourselves silly.




After breakfast, we headed up to continue the feasting at my parent's house with a Memorial Day BBQ. In hopes that the rain would die out so we could fire up the grill, we went to an afternoon showing of the new Indiana Jones movie. I thought it was pretty good, and I was incredibly impressed by how good Harrison Ford looked without his shirt off. Not bad for late sixties. Anyways, I loved Shia Labeouf, he has been my secret crush ever since "Even Stevens."

After the movie, it was raining harder than it had been before so we debated over what to do for dinner. Luckily, my dad is a die hard grill master. Problem solved---just stick the BBQ in the garage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those ribs look delish!