Monday, August 18, 2008

Before and after...

So most of you know that ever since we got married, Chris has been working the swing shift Wednesday through Saturday, which means we basically never saw each other, especially on the weekends. Since he always worked weekends, I volunteered to work a lot of weekends also. But a few weeks ago Chris was offered a teaching position with the company he works for which meant that he would have a normal Monday-Friday day shift. He started last week, which meant that this last weekend was our first real weekend together as a married couple. Pathetic, I know.

To celebrate, I made Chris do chores. That is why he loves me so much. Well, we just moved into a house and the previous tenants had painted the walls an avocado green color. We decided to spruce up the paint to a more neutral beige. This Saturday we did the living room. About halfway through Chris was losing morale so I had to promise him that my mom had already offered to help me with the bedroom. Now I just have to convince her....

Here are some before pictures.


And here are the after pictures, I think it looks pretty good.



Chris wanted to stand in this picture to act as a reference point, I guess he thought my pictures made the walls look like midget walls or something. But as some other exciting before and after news of this weekend, I was finally able to convince Chris to shave his beard!!! Well, down to the length of stubble anyways, unfortunately, I don't have any "after" pictures of this momentous occasion.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

me likie. ill help with your bedroom if you want, but i have to warn you, my stamina is weak. i need to come over. plus, i have your bathing suit. its in my car.

Jessica said...

it looks fantastic!! I can't wait to come see the live version. I am overcome with sadness every time I don't see you at the gym. Maybe we should hang out outside of 24! Call me!

Anonymous said...

Hey that's what we've been doing the last 2 weeks too! ONly our before pics are way worse! haha :) It looks like a cute little place!