So after school yesterday I had some other highlights of teaching. I will just list them for you:
1. I was told by another teacher that he had heard several students calling me "the hot substitute in Coach Knight's class." I thought this was funny, I like to think of myself as an actual teacher, but I guess I am kind of just a glorified substitute. I would like to point out to these students if I ever meet them that I am a "hot, eternally taken substitute." Well, I guess it is better than being known as the "ugly, fat substitute with body odor." HA!
2. A student came after school yesterday to tell me that they had received their first kiss on November 7th. I loved that they knew the day, but was a little offended they had taken so long to come share the news. :) p.s. I know the use of "they" is grammatically incorrect, but I am trying to maintain privacy here.
3. I actually had a student come in yesterday and thank me for teaching. She actually told me that she appreciated me and that I did a good job of making things interesting and clear. I think that moment when a student tells you of their own free will that they appreciate you and your class is the reason people go into the profession. I am glad that my blood, sweat, and tears mean something to someone finally. And, you bet your boots that girl is getting an "A" next quarter!
5 comments:
Whoa, Chris has got some serious competition on his hands here. Lets hope the first kid to hit on you is the one that wrote the Civil War essay, he's definitely a keeper. I'm glad that your students feel so close to you as to share their first kiss experiences with you. How did that conversation come about? "Hey Mrs. H here is my paper, and my first kiss was November 7th." I also appreciate the effort that you put into teaching. I would take your class thats for dang sure. Plus your stories are HILARIOUS! Keep up the good work you eternally taken glorified substitute.
Your stories from school are the highlight of my day. I always read them to aaron when he gets home from work and we have a good laugh. I've decided that you need to be a teacher for a few years, compile all of the moronic things some of your students say and publish it. I swear it would be an instant best seller. Nannying is fabulous. He's three months old so he naps 50% of the time that i'm there, thus the reason i'm flying through books. The only downside is that i have to wake up at 5:30am to get ready and give myself time to get to work. Hows life in ptizzle?
P.S. You didn't know Jefferson Davis invented the light bulb? And you call yourself a teacher! : )
I love your stories too! Too bad it doesn't get any better. Where are you teaching at? (what area?) Just found out one of my kids' brother's dad is in jail. Nice touch!
Anyhoo, teaching is going great but let me tell you I am ready for the break! What are you doing for Thanksgiving? Going to your parentals?
It's the little that just make it all worth huh :) lol I love your funny stories! Brandon & I always get a kick outta them! P.s. the move was quick & painless thankfully!
Hey hey! Now we can be neighbors AND blogging friends! ;-)
Post a Comment