Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What time is it? BBQ TIME!

At least, that was we thought on Saturday morning. Leandra had the wonderful idea of getting all of us buds together for a barbecue on Saturday because the weather had been so nice all week. Of course, Mother Nature ultimately failed us. Big time. I was wearing three layers and still wrapped myself up in a blanket all night. But it was still way fun to get together. Thanks Leandra! Here are some pictures I stole from Chelsea's blog. (My mom went to Taiwan and still hasn't returned my camera...excuses, excuses).

It was windier than your mother's backside so Burke and Adam went to Wal-Mart for kites. It was good, because Burke was sad about leaving his boccie ball set at home, luckily he was able to redeem himself with these babies.

Chris looks like a kid in a candy store. Love it. It was all fun and games until someone (Carter..cough...cough) broke Superman's sails. Just kidding, it was fun and games the whole time!

On an unrelated note, Chris and I spent about an hour on Saturday morning washing the cars. You could have eaten off of those things, they were so clean. On Monday morning I walk outside and my car looked just as bad as it had all winter. Thanks again, Mother Nature!

4 comments:

Karissa said...

Don't you just LOVE Utah weather? I'm hoping it decides to be spring for reals pretty soon!

mallory said...

That bbq was great despite the hell-ish weather. Can i just also say that is a great picture of you and Chris getting the grill going...it looks as if you actually knew what you were doing even though we all ended up eating lighter fluid marinated burgers!

Anonymous said...

I love that you still have those rainbows! I had mine for 2 years and beat them to hell. Thankfully I still have the white ones I wore at my wedding :P Oh bbqs... How i love them, & the warm weather... oh how I long for long summer days... sigh... P.s. the kites rock!

Anonymous said...

hey, i think we bought some of those kites-- $1 at Walmart?