Monday, April 13, 2009

My own personal wailing wall

I am not trying to be disrepectful of other religions, but I honestly do wail everytime I walk out into my front room and am confronted with this:When my wall should look much more like this, with paint, no holes, and nice things hung on it.

In the fall, there was a leak upstairs in our house. We didn't catch the leak until water had been dripping down inside of our walls for a couple days...or longer. Our landlord came over and told us it wasn't a big deal and that we should just let it dry out before we hung anything on the wall. Well, a couple of months later I started noticing all these cracks in the wall behind where we had a big mirror hung. Being the idiot that I am, I didn't think too much of it besides that I was glad the mirror was hiding the cracks. A couple of weeks go by, and we come home from church one Sunday to find that our mirror has fallen off the wall, and that the top layer of wall (really like ten layers of paint) has separated itself from the wall and is npw peeling off. My favorite moment of this experience was when Chris called our landlord to explain the problem and our landlord asked if we could just nail the wall back together. Is there some sort of IQ test you have to take to become a landlord, or is it just a free-for-all for everyone involved? I wonder.

So now we have peeled away most of the top layer of wall and are still waiting for our landlord to come re-drywall. All I can say is, I have really bad luck with leaks and landlords. At least this time I don't have to sleep in the living room for two months though.

Also, my car wouldn't start this morning. Boo hoo.

3 comments:

Kara said...

hahahahah NAIL THE WALL BACK ON? Are you kidding me? This genius is worse then some of the students you have taught. Its unfortunate that this person is your landlord, especially since half your wall is now on your floor!

Chelsea said...

I've got a lot of duct tape. Ill just bring that over.

Karilyn Carreon said...

hey there! How has life been for you two? I just scrolled through and saw what ur hubby did for v-day! how did you two meet? herein utah... cuz i know it could not have been in cali!