Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A name and a blessing


Now, one in her "natural" habitat.


On April 17th, we were lucky to have Britta receive a name and a blessing--in the same blessing dress I wore as a babe--in church. The best part was that we were able to have both sets of grandparents in town for the event. We were all worried that Chris would pull a spur of the moment name change on us, in particular the nickname "Large Marge" had become one of his favorites. Thankfully my silent prayers were answered that "Large Marge Herman" did not become her name on the records of the Church.





It was a wonderful day and two wonderful weeks of sightseeing and family time. Chris and I have to admit that we are lonely now that everyone has gone home. More visitors are welcome at any time. :)

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love her little headband. And how cute she is. It's crazy how fast they stop looking like newborns!

Chelsea said...

you're looking good... and those boots are treating you well.

The Ocampo Familia said...

man! whoever took those pics is AWESOME!! ;P

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chelsea. How great that both fams could bet there! If your dad's facebook is ANY indication of the fun you guys had, I'm jealous! Congrats!