Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Opinions, please.

This is my kitchen.





Re-doing the oak cabinets is my next big project. So, in the spirit of full disclosure I need your opinions. White or a dark stain?

White would be easier and cheaper, but I am leaning toward dark--like closer to the color of our dining set.

But I change my mind almost daily and I really just need to get started. This is where you come in.

11 comments:

Kara said...

Alright, I'm going to lay my opinion down nice and thick...since you asked for it. No offense will be taken if you don't follow my advice. I'm on team White. I feel like dark stained wood is for more formal settings, such as the dining area. In my mind the Kitchen is an informal living space that should be bright and casual. You also have a white fridge which might look a little out of place with dark stained wood. Those are my thoughts. Good luck! No matter what you do, it will look fabulous, because you are fabulous.

Adam and Brittany said...

White--final vote

Alina Linn said...

I'm all for white. It makes the room look so much more full of light! And you need that in rainy Washington.

Anonymous said...

Ok I have white cabinets, & while I love the way they look when they're clean & yes they do open things up/makes the room look lighter, they show splatters & stains from cooking. You have to constantly wipe them down. Also, you can see dust that accumulates, which is worse if you don't take the time to wipe down the cabinets from your previously cooked meal. I vote dark. We're actually talking about re-doing ours darker.

Keri said...

Erika, don't do white!! It gets dirty fast and shows to much!! DO THE DARK!!!!!

And Hi, I love your blog and miss you! Hope you are loving life!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. did you guys buy this place?!

Emily said...

I'm on team dark. I'm into contrast and I think it would look really nice with the area you have.

Chelsea said...

White - for sure. I have white, as you know, and I wipe them down maybe once a month... they don't get that dirty. Maybe more with a child, but it's easy.

Anonymous said...

Just FYI--staining is a HUGE pain. So, if you have a lot of time and patience, do it. But remember when we stained those stools and it took forever? Staining sucks.

Lyndsey said...

white is sooo trendy. and not in a good way in my opionion... that being said, if you do decide on white, i'm sure it will look great:)

Anonymous said...

I would totally do white. White oak looks very different then enameled white. Oak leaves a grain no matter what color. So the white oak looks awesome and a little worn looking... totally kid friendly