Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year I was super bold and decided to host Thanksgiving at my house. It was really just a ploy to get my parents to come up from Utah. So, we took on both sides of the family and not to toot my own horn, but since no one got food poisoning and the turkey didn't come out Griswold Family Christmas-style, I am deeming it a success.

You want pictures? Well, here you go.



 Every year Chris is seriously concerned that there won't be enough Martinelli's. He stashes them throughout the house in order to make sure there is some leftover. Answer to this problem--give everyone their own bottle. Pretty sure at the end of the night I gave a Costco pack to my mother-in-law to take home, and I still have five unopened bottles in my garage. We know how to party.


Home made truffles? Yes, please.



This one was really not feeling the camera on Thanksgiving. She was teething/had a cold of some kind. It actually worked out to my advantage because she slept the majority of the day while I was cooking and such.





 This lucky duck got to taste everything. Best part, though? The napkin. Hands down.

I hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day as well. I am now counting down the days until I get to see my family again for Christmas.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

1. Nice choice on the white cabinets
2. Liking the center part
3. Are you coming here for Christmas?

Katie said...

Kids are so funny - give them awesome stuff, but they might still prefer napkins, wrapping paper, boxes the toys came in, etc.

Ashley said...

So proud of you..and I love that you had martinellies for everyone. So thoughtful.

Anonymous said...

I love the white cabinets. They look great! Next year maybe you can host Thanksgiving for us? I think I need a few martinellie's spiked with a little somethin' somethin' extra...

Alina Linn said...

I can hardly wait to see you and that cute baby of yours. And Chris too naturally. We will be in Washington Dec 20-Jan 3 so you had better be there at least some of the time!
Your hosting skills look very impressive. I'm worried for the day when I will have to actually cook a turkey or something!

Lyndsey said...

You have hit the problem with Thanksgiving square on the nose! There is NEVER enough Martinellis to go around! What a great idea:)