January
We started off the year with a bang by packing up all our belongings and making the cross-country trip from Utah to New York. I don't recommend it if you are seven months pregnant, but there are very few things besides sleeping that I do recommend if you are seven months pregnant.
We made a couple trips into the city to explore and got our new home ready for a new addition.
February
Serious nesting, serious swelling, and finally a baby girl on February 21st. My angel mother came out out to help and we spent a lot of time nursing, recovering, and baby worshiping.
March
Britta took her first international trip to Toronto, Canada because I was not about to let Chris go on a business trip and leave me home alone with a three week old. These weeks are all a blur of exhausted wonderment.
April
We enjoyed having both sets of grandparents out for Britta's baby blessing. We spent lots of time exploring New York City and the town of Babylon, NY where we lived. We also took a trip up to Palmyra, NY to check out the church history sites. Very cool.
May
Warmer weather and lots of walks around the village where we lived. Chris and I took up tennis and I started whooping him on a daily basis. Over Memorial Day weekend we took a trip down to Washington D.C. and Philadelphia to explore some national treasures.
June
We kicked the summer months off with lots of visits to the beach. Oh, how I miss being fifteen minutes from warm, gorgeous beaches. We also paid a visit to Boston where my Dad was for a business trip. Such a great city.
July
More beach and pool time with friends, and tennis with Chris. Chris received a job offer with ADP and we decided we would be moving back to the West Coast.
August
Crazy packing of what I felt like I had just unpacked. We bid farewell to New York (and I miss it more than I thought I would) and Chris went to St. Louis for a three week job training while I spent three blissful weeks with my family in Utah.
September
Hello Evergreen State. I think the majority of this month was spent painting over the lavender walls and oak trim in our house. We enjoyed the last little bit of sun WA had to offer before the rain set in and gorged ourselves with fresh blackberries (at least I did).
October
The beginning of Britta's first holiday season--I was way more excited that she was, but whatever. We did lots of fall activities, went on lots of walks in the fall weather, and spent a week with Chris in Billings, MT for work. We went to the Billings Zoo while we were there and I think I was one of three other patrons. Not a lot going on in Billings.
November
We spent a weekend with my sister as she made her way home from Alaska, spent an inordinate amount of time painting the kitchen cabinets white, and I prepared my first Thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice having my parents here for the holiday.
December
Best month of the year. I loved watching Britta experience Christmas for the first time. She was enamored with the lights, music, and tree. I turned 25 and had a low-key celebration with Chris and the babe, we spent a week with my family in Utah and then had Chris's family all together for New Years. Chris and I reached the four year mark of marriage and both forgot it was our anniversary because we were in different states (Seriously, don't get married at Christmas).
All in all, 2011 was a very eventful year for us. We definitely experienced the most changes during this year than any other so far. Here's hoping 2012 is just as great.
3 comments:
Two cross-country moves and a baby in the same year. Glad you made it through!
Why aren't I in any of these pictures? Lame. AFter every time we get together I realize that we should have taken a picture. When you guys move here (hint, hint), we will have a photoshoot.... glamour shots style.
Have I said enough that I think Britta is adorable?
Your comment about Billings made me laugh--my parents are from Montana and we go up there about once per year. Not a lot going on ANYWHERE in Montana.
Post a Comment