Mother Nature hates me. Everywhere I look, people are updating their statuses with pictures of them at the beach or with complaints of extreme temperatures and humidity. I wish. My Mom called me this morning and told me that they were evacuated from their home in Utah due to a wildfire.* And you know what? For a millisecond I wished I lived in a place where it was warm enough and dry enough that a fire even had a snowball's chance of starting. I know; I am despicable. This weather brings out the worst in me; don't judge me too harshly.
All I am saying is that it's the end of June. We have hit 70 degrees once, and I have been without a jacket or sweater a grand total of twice this whole year. I am seriously not cut out for this place. Start praying Chris gets a million dollar job offer somewhere warm, or I may never be able to leave.
*So far my parent's house is fine, but their greatest concern is how the fire will burn overnight. On a serious note, any prayers sent their way would be much appreciated.
3 comments:
Sooo maybe don't tell all of our friends from Washington but this is exactly what I have been worried about if we ever move to Washington! And with everything that has happened with my family lately, it has really made me start to consider moving to Texas. I mean, who knows where we will end up but it is warm enough to go swimming in Texas about 7 months of the year! Now I just have to convince my husband...
It's a shame you guys didn't get transferred to San Clemente when he was working for dealer socket because not only is the weather amazeballs, we could be neighbors ;)
If it makes you feel any better, we're hoping to take a trip up to Washington in August, and we were super hoping to see you guys! We'll get more specific once we know more... but maybe company will make it more fun? =)
Post a Comment