Sunday, November 10, 2013

Two Months

Now that my first "baby" is not much of a baby any longer, I relish the ridiculous volume of pictures, videos, and blog posts revolving around Britta's babyhood. For this reason I am trying with all my might to keep up with it this time around with Elodie as well. As trite as it sounds, it really does fly by way too fast. On one hand I wish I could freeze time and keep Elodie tiny forever, while on the other hand I woudln't mind fast forwarding through these very trying toddler years with Britta. I guess you can't have it all, right?

Elodie is such a good baby. I remember thinking Britta was a super easy baby, and then I had Elodie. I hope this is the pattern for all for my children--I might have a dozen if they get progressively easier. Elodie is super easy-going. She loves her binkie, but is spending more time without it as she is more aware of her surroundings and spends time looking around and taking in all of the craziness that is her big sister. She loves to lay on her playmat and look up at her toys and every now and then surprises herself by grabbing onto one of them. She eats small amounts in pretty frequent intervals (every two to two and a half hours) during the day but sleeps about a eight or nine hour stretch at night. In the past few weeks, I feel like she has grown a ton and when I get her undressed for a bath or to change her clothes I just spend some time nibbling her chunky little thighs. At her two month appointment, she weighed 10 lbs 15 oz, putting her in the 50th percentile for weight. Her head was in the 25th percentile--a large departure from Britta's which was always off the charts big. And her length was in the 75th percentile.

We love all of the little smiles and coos. She doesn't seem to talk as much as Britta, and I already feel guilty sometimes because she is so laid back that I feel like she gets neglected. The very best thing about this baby is that she only poops like once a week. And she has had exactly two blowouts in her entire life. I was happy if Britta only had two blowouts a day. The trade off to this poop schedule is that she has terribly stinky toots. Like grown man style. But she's all sugar and spice on the outside, so we let it slide.

Oh, and yes, her hair is as awesome as ever. See for yourself.







2 comments:

ashley: said...

ahhh she already looks so different from when I saw her! Love the hair!! She is starting to look like Britta!

Rachell said...

Are we the same person? Because amen to every expressed sentiment. I feel exactly the same way with my two kids. It's awesome, and I also feel like I could have a dozen kids if they were as low maintenance as #2. I need to meet this child soon.