This was the first Halloween since we've had kids that Chris has been home for the actual holiday. Things are so much better when we are all together. I love having him around to share in Britta's excitement over the magic of holidays now that she is beginning to be old enough to understand what is going on. I got lucky (read: cheap) with costumes again this year. Last year Britta sported a two dollar chicken costume from our local thrift store. This year, Elodie's costume was the thrift store gem and Britta wore a hand me down from her cousin. My Halloween total came out to exactly one dollar.
We coached Britta that if she said three magic little words "trick or treat" then people would just give her candy. When Halloween arrived she was so excited about it that she wanted to wear her costume as soon as she woke up from her nap; which was awesome until we were five minutes away from leaving to trick or treat and she was totally over the costume. I had to convince her that it was the only way she would get candy. It reminded me of the Jerry Seinfeld bit--"you mean, everyone we know is just giving out candy?! I can wear that." She got the script down pretty well and was well rewarded for it. We are still working our way through her loot.
Elodie was so adorable that I couldn't decide on just one outfit for her, She started her day out as a pumpkin, wore her teddy bear suit while we were out trick or treating, and was a pea pod for our ward Halloween party. I had her strapped to me while we were out trick or treating and one lady stopped me to ask if i was carrying a real baby or if that was my costume. She's that cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment