At seven months old, this bouncing bundle of joy is a lot of fun. She is sitting up, but unlike her sister, she would still prefer to be on her belly. She knows that this is the position that is eventually going to get her moving. And oh, how she wants to move. Every diaper or clothing change results in a sore back for me after I have finally wrestled this wiggly worm onto her back for longer than three seconds. I am currently perfecting the art of the backwards diaper change--pick your battles.
She is eating up a storm and loving it. In fact, she screams bloody murder unless you literally shovel food into her mouth. For this reason, Chris is the all star feeder. I want to give her dainty little bites and wipe her mouth between each one so she doesn't end up with food in her nose, eyes, and hair (always losing battle when you've got locks like hers). She is less than enthusiastic about my feeding skills. Now that she is eating solids, she is nursing slightly less, but not much.
I have worked her up to a 7-8 pm bedtime, which has her waking up between 6-7 am to eat and then back down for another hour or two. Britta was a solid 12 hour sleeper long before this age and I remember being ticked if she ever woke up before 8:00 in the morning. I secretly love Elodie's early morning snuggles, though, so I try not to begrudge her this sleep schedule. Sometimes I feel really bad for Britta--I am seriously more relaxed (read: too exhausted to care) this time around.
Her personality is beyond sweet. She is not much of a laugher, so I feel like it is a real accomplishment to get her going. She is a big time smiler though. For the most part, she is a super calm baby and she goes right along with the flow. She is not the best napper, but we are working on getting her on a better schedule.
At six months, her stats were: 14lb 7 oz.(25%) and 25.5 inches long (40%)--if I remember correctly.
No comments:
Post a Comment