...I guess I can update the blog. The real difficulty with updating lies in me having enough patience for my pictures to load on my archaic computer(I may leave them out altogether), not to mention that we swindle our neighbors out of their internet (which they very unwisely left unsecured...those suckers) and this wireless thieving means I have to stand in a very specific corner of our office and in no way block the wireless card in order to get any signal. Seriously, my body is is facing like forty-five degrees in the opposite direction of the computer, and I have to stand because the computer must be placed on top of our behemoth bookcase. Ha, the joys of being young, in love, and penniless. When I try to complain to Chris about any of this, he just says really optimistically "I know, isn't this such an exciting time in our lives." Gotta love him.
Anyways, I guess I do have a bit to update in since I last wrote at the end of my student teaching. We spent a wonderful week in Washington for Christmas, where incredibly there was even more snow than in Provo. Chris and I also celebrated our first anniversary, which I was worried about because we had not planned anything yet and I didn't really relish the idea of spending our first anniversary with the in-laws. Luckily, I have an awesome mother-in-law who came to the rescue with hotel reservations for downtown Seattle. A beautiful room, with a balcony view of the Space Needle. It was awesome!
After Christmas and our anniversary, we headed out for a little family vacation in the charming town of Forks, Washington. Ever heard of it? Chris' dad booked a small cabin for two nights just outside the town on the banks of a river. It was beautiful, and we had a blast torturing the boys by talking about Edward and Jacob and making them drive to all the corny places that would be of any relevance to the books. The men were troopers for the most part; they even let us drag them to the movie on New Years Eve. We repaid their kindness by taking them to Valkyrie the next day.
Then it was time to return to Provo, oh the joy. Now I am seriously on the job hunt! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
3 comments:
That's awesome you went to forks!!! Brent was nice enough to go with me and my mom to the movie and didn't seem to mind it. Good luck with the job hunt
it's about TIME.
That sounds like a grand old time! Congrats on hitting the 1 year mark! Brandon & I were just reminiscing about last year at Christmas... good times! I'm pretty sure Tyler Combs, Brandon & I snuck out of your reception with all the salsa & bean dip! :D
Post a Comment