Sunday, February 8, 2009

What's my age again?

I haven't updated in a while since I don't really feel like I have much of interest to write about. Mostly, I just go to different random schools every day to sub, then come home and go to the gym with Chels. I have had a couple of sort of funny experiences while substitute teaching though. Pretty much every day I have a student ask me if I am in high school (this is usually when I am in the elementary schools). This always makes me feel really good about myself, but I love to see the looks on their faces when I tell them that I am actually a college graduate. Ha, I really showed them! The other day I had a student (fourth grader) ask me if I was in high school, when I said no that I was a college graduate he said "then what are you, like forty-five!?" I am really interested to know how I went from looking sixteen to forty-five in the space of ten seconds. Nice, kid. Also, a sixth grader asked me for my number a couple of weeks ago. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and guess that it was a dare.

Basically though, my job is pretty boring, and I cannot wait for the day when I actually get to have my own classroom. Maybe by then I will have matured enough not to look pre-pubescent.

6 comments:

Leandra said...

I love your posts. And I love you.

Kara said...

YESSS! The teaching experiences are back! I love how they think you're in high school, and that high schoolers are old enough to substitute teach. Since when do you have to be 45 to be a college graduate.. COME ONE KIDS!! i can't wait for more stories. Oh and chris has more competition on his hands!

Lisa and Mark said...

i took one of my beehives to an 8th grade event as a parental figure. people kept asking us which one of us was the 5th grader...

Lisa and Mark said...

i mean 8th grader. man i feel stupid.

Karissa said...

Ha ha... that one made me laugh out loud =) I love your stories =)

Cory said...

Nice! Havin' the 4th graders hittin' on ya! Good Work! ;-) I can't wait to have good experiences like that! Hopefully I won't have 4th grade boys coming up to me though and asking me for my number!!! Sounds like you're having fun though, so that's the important part!