On one of the last days before my Mom left we decided that we just had to get out of the house. The sun was shining and I had been couped up too long, so we went to lunch. I know I am probably crazy for taking a ten day old out in public like that, but we sat in the back of the restaurant and she slept through the whole adventure.
Not so happy to be shoved in the car seat. I, on the other hand was loving being showered and dressed for the first time in two weeks. I had to document it since I don't think it will happen again for the next three months.
Then she discovered her love for the car and slept soundly for the next three hours. Doesn't she look like she could tell you your fortune or read your palm in that headband? Ha!
One thing I have decided I like about New York is that pregnant ladies and babies are a big deal here. In Utah, I rarely got any comments or congratulations for being pregnant. Here, I couldn't take out the trash without someone rolling down their window to congratulate me on my burgeoning belly. When we went to lunch, every table we passed asked if we could stop so they could see the baby. And they fawned over her--I felt like a celebrity. It was awesome.
8 comments:
Umm...did you really just have a baby?!?! You look great!
lookin' good.... seriously.
That's fantastic. I'm so glad you got out! I don't think you're crazy. You are so skinny!!! I'm so jealous. I can't wait to have my 'normal' body back:) I still need to call you. I suck. I'm so sorry!!
I took Crew out when he was ten days old but--I didn't look as good as you.
You are right-I bet there are hundreds less prego ladies in NY than in Provo alone. Lookin so cute!
I agree with the other comments. Seriously?! Just had a baby ten days ago?! You look fantastic Erika. And your Britta is just as adorable as ever
hold the phone... you look like, really good for having a 10 day old baby. way to go! get out of the house as much as possible -- you might go crazy! spring and summer are just ahead, so that's exciting.
hahaha, oh my gosh it is so true! in utah, no one cares and everywhere else they want to make you queen or something. But oh my gosh, congrats! Your little girl is sooo adorable. i love her hair!! so gorgeous! good luck getting adjusted! it is beyond fun to have a little girl! :) p.s. i love the name britta too!
Post a Comment