Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins

One of my favorite things about fall and this time of the year, is that it is truly the beginning of the holiday season. Anyone who knows me, knows that "the holiday season" is very important to me. Even more important than the actual season, however, are the traditions that are associated with it. I will admit, I LOVE tradition. Actually, I think it extends past that into the realm of OCD. One of the best traditions to start out the season with is pumpkin carving. This year, I found a real beauty. I mean, seriously, this could be the best looking pumpkin you will ever set your eyes on. So take a while...feast on its splendor. I am not wholly convinced that this little gem isn't The "Great Pumpkin."


So, as much as I hate to tear into the flesh of this truly magnificent gourd, I feel that it must be done. The clock is ticking and I somehow have to figure out how to fit carving into my busy week before Friday night. For tradition's sake, I think I can move some stuff around. Besides, if I don't carve my pumpkin, then I can't eat my baked pumpkin seeds while I am in the process of carving. And that just totally flies in the face of tradition.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

if you carve it, bring it to the party to show it off.

Anonymous said...

ok so with the mention of tradition the first thing that popped into my head was a bunch of Jewish guys singing at the top of their lungs...