Ok, this is an excerpt from one of my student's homework papers I got today. The assignment was to write a paragraph about one aspect of life in either the North or the South before the Civil War. This student was to write about the role of children in the pre-Civil War North. The answer made me laugh out loud, I don't know if it is just the wording or what.
The student writes(this is exactly what was written): "The children usually wore clothes, that were either too small or way too big for them. The boys usually had high waters, and the girls had really long dresses. It was said that they looked like small adults."
I am not sure where he got this from, if it was just his own observations from pictures or what. I thought the way he put it was really funny.
3 comments:
hahahahhahahahahah that is the funniest thing i've heard in a long time. Either this kid was high when he wrote that or he was having a panic attack and lost his mind. ha i just read it again and it was even funnier than the first time. There are literally tears in my eyes. Why does he keep talking about the clothing? The kids USUALLY wore clothes... well i would hope so. I also like the use of the phrase "It was said" when referring to children looking like small adults, as if this is a well known fact among researchers. So in conclusion children in the pre-civil war north were poorly dressed, if they were dressed at all, and they (as previous research has pointed out) looked like small adults. I'm thinking that maybe the south wasn't happy about this and they went to war with the north.
Poor kid. I think that you need to keep teaching and just continue to blog about how awful it is because you are HILARIOUS. sorry about the super long post.
That quote is from an actual girl named Lindsay from San Diego, but they used me to record it. That's my voice saying the quote.
dude, that's soooo a bunch of BS and soooo something I would write, ok maybe not, my BS is better than that!
Post a Comment