So, I need to vent and I am going to use the internet as my sounding board. If you are a happy, optimistic person, just skip this post.
This may seem like a dumb story, but I am going to write it anyways so I can hopefully get it off my chest and move on with my day. Most of you know that I am teaching at a middle school right now. Well, it is not the classiest of middle schools and coming from a nice high school to this school there have been a couple of things that I have been trying to get used to. Now, if you are a teacher you know that copies are like the saving grace of your teaching. If you can't get copies made, then you are up a creek for your lesson that day. On Tuesday morning I dropped off copies to be made for my classes this morning (that is 23 hours notice---not too shabby). Strangely when I drop my copies off the copy lady is not there and she has not done my other copies needed for that day. Fine, we all slip up so I just adjusted my lesson. After school she is still not there so I go ask somebody in the office if she is on vacation or something. Nobody seems to know. This morning at eight she is still not here (supposed to get here at 7:30) and I need my copies in half an hour or I don't have a lesson. So I go back to the office to try and see if there is any way I can do them or something. So the office is trying to find someone to take care of them for me. Ten minutes later I rush back downstairs to tell them not to stress out about it because I can wing a review game or something, just because I felt bad about stressing people out. Well, I go downstairs and lo and behold, there is the copy lady. I start to explain
what happened and apologize if I have stressed her out or something. What is her response? A lecture about "how dare I stress out the whole office to get my precious copies done! Now she is going to be in trouble because someone else had to do her job for her!" She starts telling me how now she may not even have a job next year and how that is my fault.
Well, sorry. I am so sorry that you decided not to come to work yesterday and be over half an hour late today. Remind me again how that is my fault. I was so mad because she was talking to me like I was some stupid child. I have felt like crap all day. It just makes me so mad that I am the bad guy because she couldn't do her job. People are crap.
8 comments:
the copy lady is crap and she can bite you.
That was ridiculous! If she gets fired maybe it is because of her awesome attitude.
Lame-o kablame-o to the copy lady. Sheesh.
WHAT?! You have GOT to be kidding me with that lady. Maybe she wouldn't get fired if SHE actually did her job. Ugh what a moron. How is that your fault in the slightest. Middle school sucks in the first place-- hormones raging about, body odors a loomin but then to add a crazy copy lady on top of that, its just too much.I like how you were trying to accomodate her giving her so much notice and saying that you'll delay the lesson and somehow its still your fault? PLEASE! I hope she does get fired.
That lady is a straight up idiot. All i can say.
Ewww bite me! I'm sorry I couldn't have been there to tell her what you & I think of her!
Copy ladies.... mine always get it done.... the WRONG way. So I'm not sure what is better. I even have written out directions!!
I feel your pain. But really, she's outta line. Maybe you should have her copy a sheet that has all the emplyee expectations (aka get to work on time). That would be fun.
Call me to complain anytime darling!
You should have said something about how you're a teacher and she's just a copy lady. Boo-yah!
Post a Comment