Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ogallala!

Say it with me now--O-gallala! You know you like it. I know I do. Christopher's home this week is the town of Ogallala, Nebraska.


Doesn't it have a nice homey feel? In case you were wondering (I know you were) Ogallala is home to the Ogallala Aquifer--one of the largest shallow ground aquifers in the world and responsible for 30% of the nation's irrigation water. Not bad.

Other interesting facts about Ogallala and Nebraska:

In Ogallala the Average Cost of Houses Sold (last 2 years)..... $85,000.  I would like to see some pictures of these houses. Chelsea, we might be able to find you one there that is not up against a busy road. :)

Nebraska is the home of Kool-Aid. Also, Spam in produced in Nebraska. Nothing like a nice slice of Spam washed down with a cold glass of Kool-Aid. Now, that's living.

The state insect is the honeybee.

In Blue Hill, Nebraska, no female wearing a 'hat that would scare a timid person' can be seen eating onions in public. I am not sure what this one means, but it sounds legit.

The largest porch swing in the world is located in Hebron, Nebraska and it can sit 25 adults. If we end up moving there (please pray we don't) I would personally like to invite you all to this porch swing which I definitely plan to visit, or steal.

Until next week....

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

lets both move to ogallala, i think we would really fit in.