On Saturday I ran my first half-marathon. I still am not sure what I was thinking. I felt really good until about mile 10 and then I was pretty much over it. I had no real goals except survival so when I saw Chris at the end and crossed the finish line at 2:22:01 I almost cried tears of sheer joy.
Before the race.
Oh, and did I mention that I'm 12 weeks pregnant?

10 comments:
YEAH! We are so excited for you guys. You are amazing running a marathon and being so tired all the time. Your baby will thank you later for staying so in shape.
Holy Crap! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! When is your official due date (you know I'm not so good with the math). How are you feeling?
Congrats also for doing so well on your half marathon. You're amazing!
Well congrats on both accounts!
Congratulations on both, what an exciting time if your life!!! Running a half marathon is a huge accomplishment, so GREAT job! And good luck in your pregnancy, it's an emotional rollercoaster, one I hope to be done with in the next week (I'm due on Friday)!! Congrats again!
WHOA! i have been waiting for this announcement. i hope you haven't been too sick, and if you have, i hope it's gone soon. :( if you want me to send you my list of baby stuff (what everything is and whether or not you need it, email me)
lisa.bellisario@gmail.com
Erika!!!! What a way to tell the world!!! I love you. I am so proud of your half marathon and so happy to hear that you're going to be a mommy! I'm going to be calling you very soon to get details!!
I thought of you all day on Saturday, and told Tim like five times that it was the day you were racing. I could never, ever, in a million years run a 1/2 marathon. Go you!
That's my goal for next spring- run a half marathon. Congratulations!
Yeah baby! This is my kind of pregnancy announcement. Ha ha ha you're awesome. Brandon wants to know if he can have the bus now that you have to be responsible parents. I told him I didn't think you still had it.
I can't believe you ran a marathon while pregnant. You are an amazing woman! Congrats!
Post a Comment