Saturday, January 22, 2011

Woe is me.

Look at those bandages. I have had my blood drawn four times in the last five days. I have given 20 vials (I counted) of my blood this week alone. This might seem like no big deal, unless you remember my first trip to the OB where I cried while she was drawing my blood. I am a pansy. Seriously.

Apparently in NY, all doctors think you are minutes away from suing them for any little thing so they need to check and re-check and then re-check anything that looks like it could be something I might be able to blame them for not checking. So, they made me re-do all of my blood work done in Utah, then do it again because the lab messed up on one test, and then do it again, and hey, let's make it an even four times for good measure.

And, I have have had three ultrasounds since I have been here because my baby is a chunk. Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with her, they just like to tell me again and again that she is healthy and fat. Maybe they think I would have sued them if I pushed out a nine pounder without being warned first.

I can definitely see where she gets it from, however, as I have taken to wearing Chris' old wedding ring since it is all that will fit on my fat, little finger.

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

You are hilarious! I'm sorry you had to have your blood drawn so much. That seriously sucks.

Chelsea said...

I thought that first pic was of the back if your legs... I figured it out.
Sorry about all this doctor crap.. I know it's your favorite.

mallory said...

I would sue for them messing up on my blood work so much!