Monday, June 27, 2011

Four Months

These past four months have flown by at an unbelievable rate, yet I find myself turning to Chris at the end of almost every day and asking, "Can you even remember what life was like before we had a baby?" Sometimes that life seems like nothing more than a distant memory.

At four months, Britta girl is weighing in at 13 lbs 14 oz, putting her in the 50th percentile. She is measuring 25.5 inches long though, putting her in the 90th percentile for length. Our pediatrician took one look at us midget parents before skeptically saying "that's really tall...does height run in your family?" 


At four months, she is very observant and curious about the world around her. She loves to roll around and can get from back to belly, but hasn't figured out how to reverse it yet. Most days my attempts at snuggling result in her wiggling and kicking her way to freedom.

She still loves to sit up and hangs out in her Bumbo all the time. She reminds me of a tiny dictator in her throne. She likes to wait until she is sitting in her Bumbo before she lets off her poop explosions, thus ensuring that the projectile force will send poop as far up her back as possible. This picture was taken approximately ten seconds before just such an explosion.
She is still sleeping well at night, usually a 9-10 hour stretch followed by another 3 hour stretch and we are in the process of trying to work her down to an 8:00 bedtime. 

 She still loves to eat and I was hoping by this point she would be going longer between feedings, but I guess the longer stretch at night is worth the milk factory I still am during the day.

She hates the heat and humidity here, which is making our afternoon walks increasingly difficult. 

She is beginning to laugh and it is awesome. She hasn't quite figured it out yet, and it is really funny to watch her try because it is obvious that she really wants to make noise but isn't sure how. What does come out every now and then is a high pitched squeak. I thought I had hurt her the first time it happened.

And how can I forget her tongue? It is her favorite toy of them all. If she could she would lick each and every item in our house. When there isn't anything to lick, she is content to just move her tongue in an out lizard-style in the breeze. She even does tongue push-ups during tummy time.

She still loves Dad and lights up like a firefly when we Skype with the grandparents, but at the end of the day she has a soft spot for Mom too. 


8 comments:

Chelsea said...

1. Your face is looking skinny - i bet your bod is too.
2. Love that ballet shoes onesie.

Kara said...

Seriously, she is so cute. I love the picture of her "reading" that little book. She totally has it down. :)

Karissa said...

What a cutie! I can't believe she's already 4 months old!

ashley: said...

She looks amazing in that tutu!!! I couldn't be happier with that purchase. I miss you!

Jamie said...

Erika!!! She is so adorable I can't get enough of her. I want to see her and you. Are you coming to Utah? I am coming to Boston at the end of July, maybe you should make a little trip to the area.... you are looking super skinny. good job. and yes, i love the ballet shoes onesie. I think i made that one...infact i know i made that one, with a LOT of help from chels.

Katie said...

I am so envious of that sleep schedule. Jackson still has not slept longer than 3.5 hours at a time. Crossing my fingers that week 6 is the magic week for him!

Anonymous said...

I love that the book she is looking at has a picture of her in it. I just read an article about girls and their obsession with vanity... Just what are you trying to teach her? ;) the article also said to resist the urge to call girls pretty but I'm going to give in and just say what a cutie pie she is.

Stephanie said...

That last picture of you two smiling together is so precious. And I laughed when reading your description of Britta as a little dictator in her bumbo seat. Can you believe how fast our little babies are growing?