Monday, June 6, 2011

A very D.C. Memorial Day


This Memorial Day weekend we went to our nation's capitol for a spur of the moment vacation. It was easily the most patriotic thing I have ever done on Memorial Day, but to be honest, at one point in the day I realized I was missing my dad's bbq and almost cried.

It was a wonderful trip, and it made Chris want to make a career move back into the field of History teaching. I reminded him of the horrors of middle school kids and I think he has found some peace with his current career again.


The Whatcotts, friends from our ward, happened to be planning a trip to D.C. as well, so we met up and saw some of the sights together.
At one point, Air Force One flew directly over us to pick up Barack-y. It was pretty sweet.
We stopped in Philly on the way home to see the good old Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.
Washington D.C. is a beautiful city and I highly recommend a trip out East to visit it and see some of the great treasures of our incredible history. Britta, however, recommends you visit it when it is not 95 degrees with 80% humidity and you aren't strapped to your father's chest all day.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

look at you east coast travelers. so classy.

Lyndsey said...

How fun! I wish we lived close to all the sights... Instead we're in the middle of nowhere! Brita's a doll.