In just a few short weeks it will be "so long East Coast, welcome back West Coast" for this family. Chris has accepted a job with ADP (the payroll people, but doing the same thing he does now) in the Seattle area and we couldn't be more excited to get back to our West Coast roots. While I have never lived somewhere with so many gray days, the prospect of no humidity and no snow is quite enticing.
We were taking stock of our time in New York and trying to list the things we will miss most about this place, we came up with....New York style pizza...and our list pretty much ended there. Is that bad? While we have enjoyed being on this coast and so near to many historic sites, we are not too broken up about leaving. I suppose we weren't really here long enough for this to truly feel like home.
We are planning one last hurrah in the city next week and then we are outta here. I am making a pit stop in Utah for a few weeks while Chris is in new hire training in St. Louis, and then we move into our new place September 1st. I can't tell you how excited I am to rent an entire house for cheaper than our tiny two bedroom apartment here.
12 comments:
Wow, that's awesome! We are hoping to be back there in the next couple of months as well. Rent is killing us here (and our electric bill is almost as much as our first place in utah...)We have never felt that Hawaii is home either. Good luck with the move!
Well celebrations all around!!! I don't feel so guilty now that I know yall are excited to move too :) Are you going to be in Washington for Christmas or will you be in Utah? We will probably be spending 2 weeks up there so if you are we all need to get together!
Yeah for you!!! I am already planning a trip to Seattle to visit some family with my mom, so now I'm for sure going to stop by and say hi!!
Ummm awesome! Too bad you're not coming our direction, but Seattle will be a fun new adventure! And yes, a bigger house will be awesome! Will you guys be fairly close to his family now?
I'm bummed I won't be in UT anymore when you come and visit! But, luckily you'll be in WA and I know we'll head out there to visit family every so often :).
Erika and Chris! That's so exciting!! Where exactly will you guys be living? My husband and I are living in Everett, about 40 minutes north of Seattle. I'd LOVE to get together when you get here!
Katy (Davies) Ray
YAY!! Chris told me about the move and I was SOOO excited, mostly for selfish reasons (IE Baby B holding and spoiling time, and having you guys at my WEDDING! :) ) see...selfish...but I've come to terms with it...you should too! My only dissapointment is that I didn't make it out there, but I will come to terms with that...I'd rather have you guys closer! I'm so excited! Good luck with the move! :)
Lucky!!! I am so jealous my face is green. So jealous. So. So. So jealous. Have fun!!!
I'm a little sad you won't be in NYC, I have to admit. Now we have absolutely no incentive to visit. ;)
Let's definitely get together when you are in Utah.
That will be great!!! ADP is an awesome company. I am going to start encouraging brad to go to Washington for his PHD!! I need to meet your baby!!!!
Awesome! Congrats!
WHAT? My heart just sunk a little! I was so excited to have a boon companion out there! I am excited for you though. We will be in Connecticut this week. What day do you leave? We want to stop in NY on Tuesday I think..
Post a Comment