Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On suntans

When I found out I was pregnant there were several superficial reasons I was excited to be pregnant. Chief among them the opportunity to get out of fasting once a month. I can't tell you how much joy this still brings me every month. I am considering nursing until Britta is two just for this reason. 

Another example would be the excuse to eat anything I wanted. The close to forty pounds I put on during pregnancy would be a testament to my love of this aspect of pregnancy. 

Being a stay at home mom is not without its perks either. As shallow as it sounds, picking out an outfit for Britta in the morning is still one of the highlights of my day. As is shopping for her. Oh what a wonderful addiction.

Last but certainly not least, was my commitment to spending copious amounts of time at the beach/pool and having the best tan on the block. Aren't you so proud to be my friend after reading these confessions?

How was I to know that my infant daughter would actually be the one to end up with the tan? She even has tan lines in between her fat rolls. I mean, if you are going to have fat rolls, they might as well be tan, right? What gives Britta? You are making my fat rolls look even worse.



4 comments:

Shauna said...

my goodness... she is just so darn beautiful! you did good! :)

Lyndsey said...

She is so beautiful!!

Karissa said...

I'm jealous of your baby's tan...

Emily said...

How cute! And I'm jealous of her tan as well. I am way too white for my own good.

And that dress is SO cute.